/bɪ ə gʊd gɜ:l/ n. moniker of she who blogs here [also known as, bie]; adj. personal awesome advice to all female kiddos

meet the fam #thechennies

meet the fam #thechennies

,

:: Charming Patterns & Pancakes ::

Day 37. Met up with the bff, her sis and nephew at Strictly Pancakes along with my hubby and Bielet ((: We're all obsessed with pancakes. Laughs. Unfortunately, I'm still under the weather so I couldn't fully enjoy my meal. Before I get all caught up with the flappy jacks, here are some of today's outfit photos!

Decided that my usual pose was getting boring so I took my gorgeous shift dress with its pretty patterns, sans me!, against my Vitra coat rack instead ((: Yes, my home decor veers towards pop art, which I super love!

The scalloped collar and ruched dress front

A close-up of the puffed sleeve

And of course, the mish-mash of bold monochrome stripes and delicate fan pattern separated by a lean baby pink piping. Love!

Keeping in line with my black and white palette, I wore one of my another charm bracelets - this time, one with solely black charms

And guess what! The round charms actually glow-in-the-dark! Ain't that cool?

I adore shift dresses because these babies hide every unsightly bump and spare tyres, and I tend to favour loose clothing so shifts are a no-brainer. This particular dress has such pretty detailing, from the stripes and fan patterning to the ruching. It's so light and fluffy too, so it staves the heat off slightly! Was contemplating bringing it for my Taiwan trip but neh, I don't think I wanna risk damaging my dress while lugging my bags. I love the dress too much! Even if my 'detractors' have labelled this the pyjamas dress...

Anyway, like I mentioned earlier, we went to gorge on pancakes for brunch! Apparently the eatery's reservation policy is 10 am, 12 pm and 2 pm only, so we went for the first option to beat the lunch crowd. To our disappointment, the menu selection was limited to only the four weekend breakfast sets and create-your-own-set. Shucks, was looking forward to picking the chef's brain. My hubby and I chose the sets while our companions got creative and settled for creating their own.

My hubby's Hawaiian set with rum and raisin butter. The tower consists of 3 pancakes, but look like so much more right!

My All-American set with garlic & herb butter, and a hot chocolate. Usually this portion would be no problemo - unfortunately Mr-I-think-is-stomach-flu-bug decided to accompany me on my first week as an official bum, so I managed only half. Bummer (no pun intended)

I really like the cutesy icons adorning the pancake coloured wall ((:

Bielet cosying up in her 'baby' chair. Note: there aren't actual baby high chairs so kids that can't sit properly in adult chairs might face difficulties. You can probably request for one of the 3 couches when making a reservation, or content with your kiddo sitting in one of the above and staring at your calves.

On a related note, I recently made pancakes for our brekkie at home too and thought they were quite good (actually it was instant pancakes but hey! give the lady some credit! I did conjure up the dressings!)

Choice of 2 pancakes - savoury or sweet!

The sweet was fruity moscato, where I doused my sliced strawberries and pitted grapes (why do they still sell grapes with seeds?! Don't like!) in moscato. Brown Brothers rule! 

The savoury was cheesy mushroom, sliced button mushrooms cooked with a generous splosh of butter and cheese. Yummmmmms!

As for Bielet, she enjoyed it au naturel with a wee bit of strawberries. Or, umm, the floor enjoyed it.

Hope my adventures in the kitchen lead to a vast improvement off instant/canned foodstuff and not chaoda too. (My dinner was chaoda rice, overcooked and really tough chocolate chicken as well as oversteamed veggies. Sighs. Still got long way to go...)

:: WBW ::
Dress : Encharm (Miu Miu), inner slip from Topshop
Bracelet : Campus bazaar from my uni days


0 comments:

Post a Comment

archives