/bɪ ə gʊd gɜ:l/ n. moniker of she who blogs here [also known as, bie]; adj. personal awesome advice to all female kiddos

meet the fam #thechennies

meet the fam #thechennies

, ,

:: Battle of the Polka Dots ::

Day 38. In preparation for our impending Taiwan trip, we trooped all the way to Pasir Panjang (yes, from Pasir Ris) to try out a baby backpack carrier! At The Toy Rental Club! We've actually rented toys from here before and were pleasantly surprised to find out that they carry gear like these too ((: Check out their range of carriers here. After considering and testing the Kelty Kids and Deuter, we decided on the Deuter since we trust the brand and Bielet is able to sit at a higher height, i.e. actually seeing above our heads to the horizon instead of inspecting our hair and scalp.

Just some of their toys for rental on offer - ranging from baby seats to masak masak toys (left) and mini vehicles (right). Another couple and their baby were also there to try out some toys!

While parents are busying deciding on which toys to rent (you'll be spoiled for choice really!), kids can play in the club playhouse. Here's Bielet enjoying herself in a Little Tikes garden, complete with potted plants with butterflies and birds, and veggies to plant!

Mommy's Shopping Buddy! Pretty in pink tee from my bff ((:

Me trying to show that my floral top is a peplum, to severely fail effect. But anyways, the cut is a sweetheart, which matches the feminine vibe of the floral prints and light polka dots. Paired the top with my pink shorts!

Close-up of the floral prints

And another close-up, this one of my baby bag. Loooooove this limited Japanese edition pattern of white polka dots and pink octopuses swimming in a murky chocolate brown. There are a massive eight outer pockets which make it really handy to pop stuff like Bielet's bottles/towels/wipes and my essentials blackberry/keys/cashcard, and hence doubles up as my diaper bag!

Surprise! My top is actually a dress! A really short dress - which explains why I usually wear this as a top. I had to tug my shorts down for this shot, just to show that I'm actually still decently dressed!

The baby backpack carrier that we chose is only $27.50 per week! It's a steal, compared to the retail price of US$150-$200. However, we opted for delivery which was a whopping $50 for two-way hence it ended up being quite expensive after all. Gulp. Anyway, it's probably for the best that I don't go to the toy rental place myself because it's at Century Warehouse, where one of my favourite home furnishings store, Lorgan's, is! I might just end up more than $50 short!! (Just some of my buys from the store - here and here)


Since we were already in the West, we decided to hit Vivo for an early dinner. Like 5pm early. I don't think I've ever had dinner that early - unless you're talking about airline food or SG time when I'm in another country. Thought we could vary Bielet's diet by introducing pizza, we settled for Modesto's.

Our pizzas! ((: The one on the left is Mini size while the other is Regular size.

My all-time favourite indulgence - parma hammmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Hams are actually rather unhealthy because of the high sodium content. However, I can't resist parma ham... This Italian specialty has regulated production and only larger fresh hams are used, with curing over a super long period of 12 months. Apparently, it uses relatively little salt, but it still tastes helluva salt to me! Read more about hams here.

Bielet's tomato/cheese/chicken sausages pizza. This is under the Junior set, for kiddos aged 6 and below, and comes with a choice of apple or orange juice as well as dessert - vanilla, chocolate or strawberry ice cream. Priced at $12.90 before taxes. We thought it seemed like a good deal! Until Bielet started throwing her food all over the place. Evidently, she doesn't get early dinner. Me = crushed.

The hubby and me just stuffed our faces with pizza then. Good thing we like Modesto's pizza, but I think it's quite enough to last us for a while.

:: WBW ::
Dress (worn as top) : Far East Plaza
Shorts : Cotton On
Slippers : Havaianas
Bag : Lesportsac

:: WHW ::
Top : Gifted by my bff
Skirt : Fox Baby


0 comments:

Post a Comment

archives