/bɪ ə gʊd gɜ:l/ n. moniker of she who blogs here [also known as, bie]; adj. personal awesome advice to all female kiddos

meet the fam #thechennies

meet the fam #thechennies

, ,

:: Check Mate ::

Day 65. Did you like the Behind The Scenes shot? We were all dressed up and pointing at the gorgeous set of Peranakan tiles framed at the lobby of Grand Mecure Roxy Hotel!

My family was there to celebrate my bro's graduation ((: Can't believe my baby brother is all grown up and ready to conquer the world! [While his sister here has become a certified bum, languishing at home and on the verge of growing fat(ter)...] He chose this hotel for its buffet, as it has oysters, and man! was it a good spread! Much much better than the Taiwan porridge buffet at Quality Hotel that I brought my family to - despite the exploding crowd and that those without reservations had to be turned away, the standard was less than mediocre and the offerings weren't fantastic. And worst of all, they charged us for bringing Bielet (who didn't eat much!!). So not going back anymore. I'll splurge on good Taiwan porridge at Shin Yeh anytime.

Back to the Roxy Hotel buffet, it was a nice medium-sized spread and the quality of food was superb ((: And Bielet's buffet was FOC! Like. Although I eschew oysters and mussels, the rest did comment that it was very fresh. If the sashimi and prawns were anything to go by though, I can attest to the freshness of their seafood. There were 4-5 meat dishes when I made my rounds, 2 types of rice (steamed/baked with cheese etc), 2 types of soup (old cucumber/seafood chowder), noodles, loads of veggie (cooked/salad bar), many types of seafood, live stations for laksa, bak chor mee and roast beef, an assortment of cakes for dessert including durian cake and durian paste (although Merchant Court's durian paste is really the bomb that can't be topped), ice kachang, ice cream... My brain just shut down because of overload. Anyway, what made the buffet very nostalgic was that the restaurant had the plastic bottles, you know with the red caps like at CNY, and filled with old school treats - white rabbit candy, plum candy, different types of sour prunes, baby biscuits with the colourful sugared tops, etc. We had so much fun discovering the bottles scattered around the buffet line and helping ourselves to a new treat at each turn!

Reach for your toes, Bielet!

Love this pic! Mama's checks against Bielet's polka dots are a bit much though... LOL

Close-up shot of my psychedelic new belt ((: Intentionally wore all my checks at once. Rather like how the belt goes with the dress, although it would have suited better if the belt was slightly broader. The diagonally placed checks under the belt are a bit too distracting... And oh! Did I mention how much I adore the black baroque buckle?

:: WBW ::
Dress : Joop
Belt : Egg3
Hairclip : Accessorize

:: WHW ::
Dress : Gingersnaps
Top : Gap
Tights : Fox Baby

0 comments:

Post a Comment

archives