/bɪ ə gʊd gɜ:l/ n. moniker of she who blogs here [also known as, bie]; adj. personal awesome advice to all female kiddos

meet the fam #thechennies

meet the fam #thechennies

Au Chocolat Bistro

Following my post on Macau (and Las Vegas Sands, somewhat), here's one on a relatively new eatery at our very own Marina Bay Sands ((:

I've actually read and heard lots about Au Chocolat but while there were rave reviews about their desserts, there was little else good about the rest of the menu (I think this link is to their old menu cuz there was some new peanut butter dessert that the service staff were recommending but it's not in the pdf). Maybe we were lucky, but we thoroughly enjoyed every one of our orders!

ZX had the eggs benedict ($18) and caramel apple skillet ($17) while I had the cottage pie ($25) and 4 petit NYC cheesecakes ($17). He super loved his eggs and was lamenting that it was a tad undersized while I was overwhelmed by the large pie in front of me. There wasn't anything particularly fantastic about the pie (beef, mash potato and orange cheddar) but there wasn't anything bad about it either. It was comfort food at its best, so I really liked it - and guess what, I ate all the greens too (loved the walnuts in it)! As for the cheesecakes, I liked the chocolate and original ones but less so the other two fruit variations. Sorry, but I prefer my cheesecakes uncomplicated. And ZX was totally in love with his skillet although it was so huge that we were so stuffed! [It's probably considered less pricey among the rest of the MBS dining establishments but still. Thought it was on par with High Society Cafe although HSC has smaller and more delicate portions at the same prices, and AC has a more comfortable and kid-friendly vibe.]


Bielet got served her own water in a plastic cup and she was so proud that she kept downing it and wiping the cup. It was hilarious! The service staff asked if we wanted the kids' menu but we weren't particularly hungry and decided to share our food with Bielet.

What I loved about the place was the separate (and expansive) confectionery that was a children's dessert wonderland! There were different counters for gelato, milkshakes, pastries and sweets and everything on display looked so pretty and yummy! It was like a 'Parisian' version of Candylicious - with take-home packets of confections, toys and stationery too. Would probably have gone nuts over the desserts if I was younger and had less self-discipline. LOL.

Wanna try more desserts when I go back next! Oh, and the duck confit sounds droolworthy (but I felt like beef that day so didn't order it). Who wants to go with me?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

archives