/bɪ ə gʊd gɜ:l/ n. moniker of she who blogs here [also known as, bie]; adj. personal awesome advice to all female kiddos

meet the fam #thechennies

meet the fam #thechennies

Lessons From My Mumo


Today I received my first donation in support of my hair for hope campaign. From none other than my dearest mumo :)) I had just woken up from my nap with Bielet and checked my emails.

"Thanks ma, I got your donation of $200."
She turned and looked at me, echoing "$200?"
I checked the amount indicated in my email again, took a double take and exclaimed, "$2,000?! You siao ah?"

Then my mumo told me that she has been contributing the same amount to a charity on our birthdays every year. For me, it has always been a child-related charity, just that this year I chose my own charity cause.

Feel so blessed to have such a wonderful mama. (Makes me wonder what other secrets she keeps from us!) But, that's a parent for you - always giving and never asking for anything in return, always loving wholeheartedly and never judgemental, always caring for their children and not themselves.

Not only that, my mum is also a loving wife (she and my dad have their fair share of tiffs but I think they're still quite sweet to each other sometimes), dutiful daughter-in-law (something I really really need to emulate actually and pronto) and a caring sister (especially after what has happened recently). With such great shoes to fill, I'm not sure I can be as wonderful a lady she is.

Better buck up, Bie. You've got a long way to go.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

archives